Chocolate cupcakes are the ultimate party food. These are super moist and bursting with rich, chocolaty flavor — and they're so easy to make. It will be the ideal addition to your afternoon tea.
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Cream together sugar and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with milk; beat well. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean, 15 to 17 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool before serving or frosting.