An easy-to-make attractive appetizer or light supper is this smoked salmon pizza. Cream cheese, smoked salmon, onions, and capers are spread on flatbread, naan, or store-bought pizza dough.
- 1 quantity gluten-free pizza dough (see related recipe)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup Coon or Mil Lel pizza cheese
- 50g smoked salmon, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp capers
- Light sour cream, to serve
- Fresh dill, to serve
- In a bowl, mix together 200mls of warm water, caster sugar and sure bake. Set aside for 10 minutes or until the yeast has activated and began to foam.
- In a large bowl, place the flour and salt. Add the yeast mixture and mix to combine. On a clean, floured surface, knead the dough for 10 minutes or until smooth. Place in a clean bowl, cover and set aside in a warm place for 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Once the dough has risen, punch the dough down and divide into 2. Shape into balls, cover and set aside for 1 hour to rise again.
- Heat Pizzello oven to 220ºC fan bake.
- On a clean, floured surface, roll pizza dough into a large circle and place on a greased baking tray. Add the toppings and bake for 10-15 minutes or until pizza bases are crisp.