Ham and Mushroom Pizza
IngredientsFor Pizza Dough
For Pizza Dough
1. In a jug, combine the yeast, sugar, and water. Allow to stand for 5 minutes, or until foamy.
2. In a large mixing basin, combine the flour and salt. Create a well in the center. Pour in the yeast and oil mixture.
3. Using your hands, mix the dough until it comes together and is smooth.
4. Knead the dough for 2/3 minute on a lightly floured work surface.
5. Form the kneaded dough into a ball and set it in a lightly oiled bowl, twisting it around to lightly coat the entire surface with oil, and cover with cling film.
6. Allow to rise in a warm environment for 30 minutes to an hour, or until it doubles in size.
7. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured area and knead for 5/8 minutes more, or until smooth.
8. Cover with a damp clean tea towel and allow to rest for 30 mins
9. Once the dough has rested, punch it with your fists to knock the air out of it and lay out the pizza base to the desired size and thickness on a floured surface.
10. Line a second flat upturned baking pan with baking parchment (to make it easy to transfer to the oven) and dust with cornmeal or semolina flour.
11. Place the rolled out pizza dough on the baking tray and gently push from the center out to create a rim all around the outer edge; the center of the pizza should be approximately 5mm thick and the rim should be about 1cm thick.
12. Brush the formed dough lightly with olive oil to prevent the pizza toppings from making your pizza crust soggy.
13. Make gentle indentations into the surface of the dough with your fingers to prevent bubbling.
For the Topping
1. Garnish with ham, mushrooms, and mozzarella.
2. Dress with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cook your Pizza
1. Open the Pizzelloven oven and then carefully slide the baking parchment with your pizza onto the warm pizza stone.
2. 1-2 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbling
3. Serve heated pizza slices immediately.