Christmas tree pizza
A festive and original way to enjoy pizza night at home is with Christmas Tree Pizza. a pizza in the shape of a Christmas tree, stuffed with veggies and taste.
The dough should be rolled out into a triangle form, and a tiny rectangle of dough should be added for the trunk.
Use caution when putting a pizza stone in the Pizzello oven if you have one. This common pizza peel or, even better, a conveyor pizza peel, are our preferred pizza peels. The conveyor pizza peel is ideal for sliding a large Christmas pizza into the oven without sticking if you're creating one like the one in the picture. Consider creating a few smaller Christmas pizzas, which are simpler to slide onto the pizza stone, if you have a normal peel or if you're testing it with a well-floured flat surface (like a baking sheet).
Build it on a baking sheet alternatively. It's simple to construct a pizza directly on a baking sheet if you don't have a pizza stone. Even though it doesn't become quite as crispy, it's still great!
It may be customized and is fun to decorate! Any vegetable can be used as decoration. Here, we've used red peppers as decorations, sliced red onions as garlands, and basil pesto for the tree's greenery.
- To prepare the dough, use the Best Pizza Dough recipe. (This needs to be made and allowed to rest for 45 minutes.)
- The oven should be preheated to 500 degrees Fahrenheit with a pizza stone inside. You can make the pizza on a baking sheet if you don't have a pizza stone.
- Get the toppings ready: the red pepper into dice. The red onion should be thinly sliced, then rinsed with cool water and dried with a towel (which removes some of the bite).
- Place the pizza peel with the dough on it. Dust a pizza peel or a baking sheet with cornmeal or semolina flour once the oven is hot. (If you don't have a peel but want to use a pizza stone, you can use a rimless baking sheet.
- Use the back of a rimmed baking sheet to put it onto a stone, though it can be challenging to slide the tree-shaped object. For larger trees, like the one in the image, a conveyor pizza peel works incredibly well.) The dough should be rolled out into a triangle form, with a tiny rectangle added for the trunk. Put the dough on the baking sheet or the pizza peel.
- Top the pizza quickly: Sprinkle cheese on top of a thin layer of pesto. Red onion and pepper "decorations" should be added. Add some kosher salt.
- pizza in the oven: Using the pizza peel, transfer the pizza to the pizza stone, or bake the baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.After a little period of cooling, serve.