Chicken pizza go together so nicely with so many different toppings and sauces! If you want to add more vegetables, top it with mushrooms and onions.
For Pizza Dough
- Combine the yeast, sugar, and water in a jug. Set aside for 5 minutes, or until foamy.
- Combine the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle. Add the yeast and oil mixture.
- Using your hands, combine the dough until it is smooth and comes together.
- On a lightly floured work surface, knead the dough for 2/3 minute.
- Shape the kneaded dough into a ball and place it in a lightly oiled bowl, twisting it around to coat the entire surface with oil, and wrap in cling film.
- Allow to rise for 30 minutes to an hour in a warm place, or until it doubles in size.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for an additional 5/8 minutes, or until smooth.
- Cover with a damp clean tea towel and set aside for 30 minutes.
- After the dough has rested, punch it with your fists to knock the air out of it and lay out the pizza base on a floured surface to the desired size and thickness
- Line a second flat upturned baking pan with baking parchment and dust with cornmeal or semolina flour (to make it easier to transfer to the oven).
- Place the rolled-out pizza dough on the baking tray and gently press from the center out to create a rim all around the outer edge; the center of the pizza should be approximately 5mm thick, and the rim should be approximately 1cm thick.
- Lightly brush the formed dough with olive oil to prevent the pizza toppings from making the crust soggy.
- To prevent bubbling, make gentle indentations into the surface of the dough with your fingers.
For the toppings:
- 1. Cook and toss chicken in oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 2. Dress with olive oil.Then top with the chicken, tomato, beans, and cheeses after spreading the pesto.